Posted on | April 17, 2014 | No Comments
I was so excited when I first heard the rumors that we were getting a Makeshift Society in Brooklyn. I was a little less excited when I heard it was in the Williamsburg/Greenpoint part of Brooklyn instead of my part of Brooklyn BUT that’s okay, you can’t win ‘em all. I was still excited! So excited in fact I backed the kickstarter campaign and received this portrait drawn by the immensely talented, Julia Rothman, an illustrator I’ve always liked. And that’s not all, my lil’ face is going to be part of a custom wallpaper pattern in one of the conference rooms at the new Makeshift space. Probably the only time in my life I’ll be described as a wallflower.
Posted on | April 16, 2014 | 2 Comments
It snowed today. It’s April 16th and there are patches of ice on the ground. I wore my puffy coat to get my morning coffee. But this is New York City, and unacceptable shit like this is just part of the deal. The deal you agree to when you move here. To help me through today, I’m dreaming of a beach trip.. I’m dreaming so much that it actually hurts. PLEASE HELP ME.
Images by Gray Malin
Posted on | April 15, 2014 | No Comments
I don’t remember when exactly I started making my own salad dressing, maybe five or six years. I don’t miss bottled AT ALL. In fact I forget they even exist. Making your own is so much better for you and it tastes way more delicious, too. And it’s so stupidly easy. I rarely ever use a recipe and instead opt for making it up on the fly and shaking it all in an old glass jar. I am never disappointed. For example in the jar pictured above I mixed some olive oil, fresh lemon juice, red wine vinegar, chopped scallion, salt, pepper and a dollop of sour cream for kicks. And the result was amazing a delectable topper to my kale salad with walnuts, edamame and pomegranate seeds.
I understand not everyone likes to mix some random items together and hope it works and we can all use some recipe inspiration, even me . So here’s a couple tasty looking numbers that caught my eye. You’ll be so happy you have a jar of homemade dressing in the fridge. Suddenly gene boring lettuce is made a little more exciting.
Here’s to never buying pre-made dressing again.
Posted on | April 11, 2014 | 3 Comments
- - I’m fond of this sweet ring from Soft Gold Studio. But are the killer yellow nails for sale also?
- - THIS is a great, quick read that I’m really enjoying. What are you reading?
- - I love my new Bobbi Brown art stick. It’s like a giant crayon that’s also a lipstick that stays put for hours.
- - I just discovered dried mango! Sort of wish I hadn’t because I want to eat it all the time now.
- - I’ve been working from home this week therefore giving me some extra time to go for a run or take walk around the neighborhood and let me tell you there ain’t nothing wrong with Brooklyn in spring. Not to toot my own horn but moving here was a pretty thing to do. In fact, it’s been a whole year of me and Brooklyn. I should probably get a t-shirt to celebrate huh?
It’s warm. It’s Friday and I know there’s a cocktail or two in my future. Enjoy the weekend! xo
Posted on | April 9, 2014 | 3 Comments
pajama pants: navy | lavender … purses: navy | lavender … scarves: navy | lavender …
eye shadows: navy | lavender … sneakers: navy | lavender …
area rugs: navy | lavender … abstract art: navy | lavender
keep looking »